What’s up? How y’all doing today?
Okay! So, I want to talk about the natural wonderment called……… COCONUT OIL! Can I here you scream louder? COCONUT OIL!
Coconut oil is a wonderful oil for cooking, for hair, for your skin and, you know, for your health too! Yes! I used to remember ingesting two spoonfuls or so of this whenever I had a stomach ache as a child.
Coconut oil is made from coconut and the oil can be extracted in various forms. Because of our hot atmosphere, coconut oil exists in liquid form when kept at room temperature because in most of these oyinbo videos I see on YouTube; their coconut oil comes in solid form.
Here are some ‘ah-mazing’ benefits of coconut oil:
- Coconut oil serves as a good moisturizer for your skin
- Protects your hair from damage
- It can serve as sunscreen as it blocks 20% UVR
- Helps prevent heart disease as it turns bad cholesterol to good one
- Boosts immune system when ingested
- Improves digestion
- Improves energy
- Improves skin issues because of its many antioxidants
- Prevents tooth decay and gum disease when used for oil pulling
- Promotes weight loss as it helps to burn fat and decrease appetite
- Good as face cleanser
Do you use coconut oil? What do you use it for/as?
My skin and hair has depended on this oil and other oils for almost a decade now!