Earlier today, I was on Bella Naija, * that’s one of the two blogs I get my news* and I saw their post on Mark Zuckerberg’s Q & A Session in Lagos. I watched it and I was really impressed. *Shalla to Bella Naija* And Uche of Bella Naija asked a question too!
Mark placed emphasis on the energy in Lagos. He repeated it over and over again like the energy of young entrepreneurs is touchable. Thank you Mark! And he’s got a good sense of humor too. Right there in my office, I was so carried away like I was there live.
I jotted down some notes and here are nine outstanding points I want to share some of it are inferred from what he said so not verbatim quotes:
- Keep an open door, hear your workers and learn from them;
- Have a ‘keep trying attitude’ as an entrepreneur;
- Think of every problem as a system. Every system and be improved;
- As you grow, move from managing individual to managing teams;
- Always consider the customer as it helps to make service better;
- The best way to predict the future is to create (he said this is one of his best personal quotes);
- It may not be profitable at the moment, but if it’s worth it, give it a try;
- Success is a process where you try something and fail, but you have to keep trying. Success is not a straight line.
- Think of things as ‘not done yet’ not as ‘missed opportunities’
Here is the video, it is about an hour plus. Enjoy!