Welcome to this episode of sermonized and like you know, I will be sharing a sermon from my sermon note. Today we will be looking at “Money & Your Marriage”.
Obviously, this sermon is about marriage. Though I am not yet married, but, for me, sermons about marriage are a future investment.
Here are some points the preacher made about money:
- Don’t allow your success be tied to material things.
- Money is a servant; command it! Money is a tool; use it!
- Keep money in its place.
- Determine the place of money in your home.
- Man, be the man; you are the provider
The preacher also gave some tips on family finance:
- Be equal partner not competitors: Have a family vision so you can channel resources to a particular goal.
- Have a plan to achieve your goals/family vision: Be accountable.
- Have a budget: (God, savings, giving, basic expenses, discretionary fund etc.).
- Don’t compare your family with other family(ies): Deal with the spirit of vanity. Train your children with family values.
- If necessary lower your standard of living and increase your savings.
- Be financially disciplined: Spend less than you earn.
- Plan to increase your level of income: Redirect your focus.
Do you find these tips helpful? Are you married? Do you have more tips to add? Drop it in the comment section.